Wednesday, November 30, 2011

Emmy's Accent

Emmy is learning so much at daycare.  She can recite numbers from 1 to 10 (and sometimes up to 14, which is how many steps we have to get downstairs).  She also knows at least a few colors.  And she can sing her own version of several songs.  She sings twinkle, twinkle, little star; Baa baa black sheep; the Sesame Street theme song; and now, the ABC song.  Her version of the alphabet goes like this: "A B C D F I K, LMNO(this is just mumbling, and not the actual letters) Q S T XY."

If you start singing too, she'll stop you by saying, "No no no," because you'll sing it differently than she does.

Last night, in the car on the way home, she was jabbering away, and the only word I recognized was "mingo" (her word for flamingo, which is, at the moment, her favorite animal).  So, wanting to reinforce her attempts at language, I asked her what color a flamingo is.

She paused for a moment, saying "Uhhh," while she thought about it, then she said, "Pank!"

Oh my.  Clearly Mom and Dad were not the ones who taught her that color.

She also calls her sippy cup a new word.  She calls it her "drank."  This morning, when I made her put her coat on, she had to put her cup down, and she whined at me, "My drank!"  (At least it wasn't Mah Drank.)

Anyway, I got a video of her singing the alphabet song last night.  I'll try to get around to posting it this weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment