Monday, June 11, 2012

Mother's Day (Late and out of order, whoops)

The week of Mother's Day, I went to pick Emmy up at daycare on Friday, as usual, and was pleased to see a bag on the counter labeled "To Mama."  I picked up the bag and the rest of Emmy's things and then went to get her from the playground.  I showed her the bag and asked her who it was for.  She told me it was her present.  I asked if maybe it wasn't for mama, and she said, "No, mama, it's Emmy's present."

Then she told me she wanted to show it to Daddy, so we got in the car and went home.  I had to work pretty hard to keep her from ripping the bag open to get to "her" gift.

Once we got home, we went up to Tom's office and showed him the present.  Tom told her how nice it was that she brought Mama a present, and Emmy informed him that, no, it was Emmy's present.  Tom tried to convince her that it was for Mama, and asked her if they had talked about mother's day at school.  "No, Daddy.  This Emmy's present."  As she started to open it, poor Tom had to take it away from her (I wouldn't have cared if she had opened it, but, c'est la vie) and that lead to tears. 

By Sunday, however, she had forgotten all about it, and I was able to open my gift and see what I got.  (A potholder with a handprint).

No comments:

Post a Comment