Thursday, December 6, 2012

Whoops, I forgot to publish this one.

Emmy's going through a phase where she likes to take off her pants and then her diaper.

The other night, she spilled water on her pants, so of course, she had to take them off.  Then after dinner, off comes the diaper because "it's wet, mama."

It was almost bath time, so I suggested to her that she needed pants, but didn't pursue it further.  I did ask her not to pee pee on the carpet.

A few minutes later, I smelled a familiar odor.  "Tom, is that you?" I asked.  He shook his head.  I checked Emmy, and she was clean, so I shrugged and ignored it.

Then, a few more minutes later, Emmy gets a horrified look on her face.  "Oh, oh, oh!" she cries.  I look down, and my baby is pooping on the carpet.  She's struggling to look over her shoulder and see what's happening.

"Honey," I say.  "Don't just stand there.  Go sit on your potty!"

So, she runs over to her potty and plops down.

Shaking my head, I walk over to get a paper towel to pick up the poops.  As I walk back into the living room, I see my daughter stand up, pick up the bowl of her potty and dump the pee out on the wood floor.

At least she got it in the potty in the first place.  Right?

So, Tom and I are trying desperately not to laugh uproariously-- and failing miserably.  We pick her up and cart her upstairs for bath time.

We also want to encourage the potty use, so after she's in the bath, I ask if she remembers what happens when she pee pees in the potty.  She looks up at me and says, "I get m&m's, mommy."

She got her m&ms, even though it wasn't a perfect potty experience.

No comments:

Post a Comment