Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Resolutions

I don't really like "resolutions." It's never made much sense to me, and they always get dropped long before February rolls around.

I do, on the other hand, like goals.  I have lots of goals, and I work towards them year-round.  For the purposes of the new year, however, (Boy, do I love commas, or what?) I will say that my goal is to run the majority of the Country Music half-marathon in April.  I walked most of it last year, and I hurt my foot by hobbling the last few miles to compensate for a blister.  So, my goal is two-fold.  I'd like to run for most of the 13.1 miles and I'd like to do it in a way that doesn't leave me limping for three weeks afterward.  My time goal is 2:45.

Tom (who turns 30 in February) is planning to run the full marathon for the first time, which means that we won't be running together.

Here's to a new year and a new running goal.

No comments:

Post a Comment