Thursday, January 27, 2011

Running Setback

This week has been a little rough.  On Saturday, Tom got sick, and on Sunday it hit me too.  Stomach virus.  Blech.

It took until Tuesday night for my appetite to return, and I didn't feel up to running until Wednesday.  So, last night when I finally got around to running, I was pretty dismayed at how hard it was.  Firstly, I couldn't decide which program I wanted to run on the treadmill, so I started three before I decided to just run with no program. 

I was really surprised at the difference in how I felt just the week before, when all the nightly runs felt easy, and how I felt last night, when I slowed down to a walk at least twice.  I'm going to chalk it up to the five day break and not worry about it.  I was able to run for at least a mile before I dropped the speed back, so I'll just build from that.

We're planning to do a 5K on Valentine's weekend, so I'm working towards that at the moment.  My goal is to run the whole time and to complete it in around 36 minutes (That's a roughly 12 min mile).  I've got two weeks until then, so I think it's do-able.

Susan came to stay with us while we were sick, and I can't say enough how much we appreciate it.  It made a big difference to be able to just sleep most of Sunday and not try to herd Emmy and deal with my nausea.

No comments:

Post a Comment